Have you prayed for your parents today?

Sunday, April 25, 2010

ORNAMENTS

The following are a few extracts of my readings last week.
Hope you will enjoy them .

Let Socrates speak first : "Could I climb to the highest place in Athens, I would lift my voice & proclaim -fellow-citizens, why do ye turn & scrape every stone to gather wealth, & take so little care of your child, to whom one day you most relinquish it all?"

I know many parents who don't find time to talk with their kids as he/she is busy through out the week. They are not free even during their weekend.If they pay a little attention and spend a few minutes of their time qualitatively with their children it will bring them more peace of mind and relaxation.
And it will never cause their world to turn upside down as well!!!
Beware that the time is not that far when your kids will be more busy than you are now.
Remember it.
If you you are not available to them when they need you, get ready for their learned careless behaviour at a time you need them the most.

Please don't think that every parent is like this .
The other day I read a different story .
Do you want to read it .
Here it is ...

A rich man died & left no heirs. When his household goods were auctioned off, an elderly lady dressed in shabby garments was the only one to bid on the picture of the dead man's son. It had been greatly cherished by the wealthy father because his only child had died at an early age. But the crowd that had gathered for the sale showed no interest in it. When the woman who bought the portrait was asked why she
wanted it, she said she had been the boy's nurse many years before, & had loved him dearly.
Later she examined the picture closely and noticed a bulge in the heavy paper on the back. Making a small cut, she removed an envelope which turned out to be the man's missing will. The document very clearly stated that he wanted to leave his property to the person who still held dear the memory of his beloved son.


Wait I have another thing to share with you :

Yes
you are right !

A poem whose author is still unknown to me ...

Just yesterday it seems my children
Played upon the floor
And I wiped countless fingerprints
From window pane & door.

I kissed away a thousand tears
And darned sock after sock
And tried to keep pace with the hands
That raced around the clock.

And often when at end of day,
Too tired to sleep, in bed I lay,
I'd think how nice when, children grown,
My time again should be my own.

So now I sit & rock alone,
My hands at rest, the work all done;
No little tots upon the floor,
No fingerprints upon the door.

No socks to mend, bruises to kiss--
Ah me! How could I know I'd miss
The very things I grudged to do
Dear God, if only there might be
Someone again who needed me!

Remember :"Wealth and children are an ornament of the life of the world. But the good deeds which endure are better in thy Lord's sight for reward, and better in respect of hope." THE HOLY QURAN 18:46

1 comment:

  1. Dear Ismailji,
    Wonderful and thought provoking post.By the end of the poem ,my eyes are moist. I am so grateful to you for reminding,for bringing awareness in the minds of the readers how priceless our children are!How much they need us!
    Time and quality time should be spent with family.
    Please write regularly and share your vast and rich experiences with us!You are so gifted with words!
    Insha Allah!
    Sasneham,
    Anu

    ReplyDelete